Absolute contraindications of magnetotherapy
- When using sensitive medical electronic devices such as a pacemaker, operated defibrillator, endocochlear implant (in the head, neck and upper torso)
- In pregnancy
- In case of bleeding of any origin. The magnetic field increases the blood supply to the tissues and thus the bleeding could increase in some cases
- For pain of unknown origin
Relative contraindications of magnetotherapy
- In case of hyperfunction of endocrine glands (increased function) we do not apply in their locality
- In people diagnosed with a tumor and after cancer surgery or treatment with chemotherapy or radiotherapy, the application is at the discretion of the physician.
- In infectious diseases during temperatures above 38 ° C
- Active tuberculosis – at the discretion of the doctor
- For paroxysmal neurological diseases such as epilepsy, etc., we do not apply to the head area, only on the recommendation of a neurologist
- In severe fungal diseases
- Combination with radiotherapy is not recommended.
If you have any questions about the use of pulsed magnetotherapy, consult a healthcare professional.